About the Job
Today’s businesses, organizations, and government entities handle sensitive information on a daily basis. This requires having systems in place to protect it. In this remote-friendly role, as a Security Engineer, you will help ensure that sensitive data is kept confidential.
In this role, you will be finding, reporting, and fixing security issues. As a member of our growing Security Team, you’ll be working with both technical and non-technical teams to help advance the company’s security program, implement new tooling to assist in reducing risk to the company, review and audit new products or configurations through a security lens, and be actively involved in progressing our security posture.
Experience or knowledge of coding, operating systems, and networks is advantageous. You will be expected to be able to work both independently and in conjunction with dev teams and other Security Engineers.
At LTV, we all work closely together across teams so there’s no red tape or bureaucracy. We get things done!
What You Will Get to Do
- Perform technical hands-on and tool-assisted security reviews of systems; recommend, report, and implement fixes
- Implement or configure commercial and open source security tools
- Participate in tool assisted code reviews on a regular basis to ensure new code is being implemented with best practices
- Work with Development teams on Secure Coding concepts and reviews
- Contribute to the architecture and implementation of technical security risk assessment and secure design practice
- Design, build, and maintain Information Security tools and systems
- Assist fellow employees with cybersecurity questions and needs
- Work closely with Devops team to scale in the appropriate security measures required
- Identify the need for new security controls, and lead their design and implementation
What You Bring to the Table
- Familiarity with Information Security concepts like the OWASP Top 10
- Coding skills in one or more of these languages: Ruby, Python, HTML, Go
- Experience in the cybersecurity industry
- Alternatively completed Cybersecurity bootcamps, classes, or certifications
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems as they arise
- Problem-solving skills with an emphasis on proactive problem identification and resolution with the ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, analyze, and disseminate information clearly
- Experience using AWS, GCP, or other cloud platforms is a plus
- Experience with mobile application security is a plus; both iOS and Android.
- Experience creating investigation tools, alerts, or scripts in a language such as Python or Bash is a plus
- English - Proficient level
Your Reward for Greatness
- Remote-first culture
- Flexible schedule.
- Twice a week meal delivery through UberEats
- English classes paid by the company
- LTV Speaks! - third language classes paid by the company
- Private medical, dental, and life insurance through Pan-American Life Insurance Group (PALIG)
- Password management with 1Password
- Online training paid by the company
- End of Year one week companywide break
- Great environment
- An innovative, energetic culture with great people to work with!
- Customized growth opportunities
- Anniversary and appreciation gifts and bonuses
- Day of personal significance
- 5 complimentary sick leave days
- Wellbeing reimbursement
- Home Utility bonus
- Home Office Reimbursement up to $500 for your perfect work-from-home setup
Why LTV Co.?
If you have ambitions to be a part of a high-growth, results-driven, industry-leading organization, LTV is the place to be. LTV builds exciting data products and then we market them with passion. We’re a fast-growing company in New York City that balances the culture of a startup with the stability of being an established, profitable company. We want to work with people that strive to be in the top .01% of their field. We understand that getting to the top takes hard work, constant improvement, and by making data-driven decisions. It’s a thrilling time to join the team, as we’re expanding our product offerings in exciting new ways, driving innovation through data, marketing, and web & app development.
We believe in diversity and hiring people from all backgrounds and walks of life. You must be energetic, inventive, a team player, and looking to help build and grow the company each and every day. You must have an inner desire to win and the idea of losing is a non-starter. If you are looking for a position that allows you to work with a group of smart and dedicated people who will support you but still provide the autonomy you need to execute your strategy, then you should probably apply as soon as you’re done reading this!
LTV was founded in New York by Josh Levy and Ross Cohen in 2007. At the time their mission was to provide easy and affordable access to public records. Something that in 2007, was only really accessible to corporations. Since then their mission has expanded to developing products and services that grant access to information and data across a number of verticals. In service of this mission, LTV has 7 consumer brands including BeenVerified, NumberGuru, PeopleLooker, NeighborWho, Ownerly, PeopleSmart, and Bumper.
Our mission is to develop a diverse portfolio of technologies, products, and services, that gives all people equal access to unbiased data and information. We believe that through this access people can empower and protect themselves in today’s ever-changing world, filled with fake news, deception, and a lack of transparency.