About the Job
We are looking for a Director of Software Engineering to oversee teams of developers working on cutting-edge technologies. LTV has a growing portfolio of brands and you can help us tackle the challenge of scaling startup products alongside established ones. You must be able to manage project goals, mentor the technology team, build and improve our technical and product pipelines, and help ensure successful execution and delivery. You will form relationships with other engineering leaders across the organization and find opportunities for cross-functional partnership. You will manage the flow of timely information both up and down the chain of communication. You should be comfortable diving into code to show by example while providing technical leadership and guidance. Strong foundational knowledge in software architecture and design is a requirement, as well as people management skills.
LTV has a remote-first culture so feel free to apply if you are outside the Greater New York City Area. If you have experience in engineering management for the last 5+ years, we would love to hear from you!
What You’d Get to Do
- Work in concert with our leadership team to set and execute a high-level engineering strategy for our People, Automobile, and Contact Data verticals.
- Manage teams of high-performing full-stack engineers delivering innovative web solutions from design to release across multiple platforms.
- Recruit, hire and train other engineers and engineering managers in the organization.
- Lead and participate in the design, development, and release of a standardized stack of services across the company.
- Ensure strong communication and feedback loops between Engineering and the rest of the company.
- Foster a culture of autonomy, ownership, and innovation across the team.
The Example You Would Set
- Mentor more junior developers on your team on how to balance writing good clean tested code and achieving business goals.
- Work with other engineering leadership to ensure the quality of code, code review, test, and documentation.
- Balance business needs with customer satisfaction.
- Steer teams through difficult problems using your technical and leadership expertise.
- Apply the right tool to the right job at the right time.
- Flourish while working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Be a great teammate; committed to learning, developing the team, and yourself.
- Set and achieve the highest standards by promoting working hard as a team.
- Have a track record of taking initiative across multiple areas or teams.
- Recognize, celebrate and reward high-impact work.
- Above all else, you must be a bar-raiser: top-flight technical skills, the ability to lead engineering groups, and a track record of success working with Product and Executive teams to push development forward
What You Bring to the Table
- 8+ years of experience developing large-scale, customer-facing web applications, APIs, microservices, and mobile applications. Ideally, you would have started as an individual contributor writing code before transitioning to senior management roles.
- 5+ years of experience building and managing engineering teams leveraging lean/agile methodologies.
- Experience with mentoring developers, guiding them through career paths, and empowering them to make decisions.
- Experienced in multiple full-stack environments and frameworks. What we have in production today includes Ruby, Rails, Go, and Ember.
- Thorough understanding of enterprise architecture including networking systems, database optimizations, API integrations, and deployment methodologies.
- Strong communicator who can simplify technical concepts for non-technical partners, and explain business needs to the tech team in a way that inspires and guides them.
- Proven technology leadership. Strong written and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and self-discipline.
- Embraces and has experience with Agile product development methodology.
- Masters/Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Startup experience is a huge plus.
Your Reward For Greatness
- Highly competitive compensation packages
- Great health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance and personal accident insurance fully paid by LTV
- Flexible Savings Account/Health Savings Account
- 401 (k) plan with fully-vested company matching up to 6% - Eligible Day 1!
- Competitive Paid Time Off and Sick Time provided
- Day of Personal Significance
- Early dismissal before a paid company holiday
- Anniversary Appreciation Gifts
- Free ClassPass On-Demand workouts to Monthly ClassPass Subsidy
- Sanvello and Talkspace through United HealthCare’s Behavioral Health Benefits
- Meal delivery twice a week through Seamless/DoorDash
- Tax preparation through Henry.tax
- Student loan repayment & financial wellness resources via Peanut Butter
- Password Management with 1Password
- Professional development training and opportunities for professional growth - as we grow, you grow!
- If you want to WFH, you are in the right place. We have a remote-friendly culture.
- An innovative, energetic culture with great people to work with!
- Custom technology setup to meet your WFH needs
- Home Office Reimbursement Perk for your perfect work from home setup
- Home Utility Bonus
Why LTV Co.?
If you have ambitions to be a part of a high-growth, results-driven, industry-leading organization, LTV is the place to be. LTV builds exciting data products and then we market them with passion. We’re a fast-growing company in New York City that balances the culture of a startup with the stability of being an established, profitable company. We want to work with people that strive to be in the top .01% of their field. We understand that getting to the top takes hard work, constant improvement, and by making data-driven decisions. It’s a thrilling time to join the team, as we’re expanding our product offerings in exciting new ways, driving innovation through data, marketing, and web & app development.
We believe in diversity and hiring people from all backgrounds and walks of life. You must be energetic, inventive, a team player, and looking to help build and grow the company each and every day. You must have an inner desire to win and the idea of losing is a non-starter. If you are looking for a position that allows you to work with a group of smart and dedicated people who will support you but still provide the autonomy you need to execute your strategy, then you should probably apply as soon as you’re done reading this!
LTV was founded in New York by Josh Levy and Ross Cohen in 2007. At the time their mission was to provide easy and affordable access to public records. Something that in 2007, was only really accessible to corporations. Since then their mission has expanded to developing products and services that grant access to information and data across a number of verticals. In service of this mission, LTV has 7 consumer brands including BeenVerified, NumberGuru, PeopleLooker, NeighborWho, Ownerly, PeopleSmart, and Bumper.
Our mission is to develop a diverse portfolio of technologies, products, and services, that gives all people equal access to unbiased data and information. We believe that through this access people can empower and protect themselves in today’s ever-changing world, filled with fake news, deception, and a lack of transparency.