About the Job
The Lifetime Value Co. is looking for a Director of Accounting to be responsible for overseeing and maintaining accounting principals, practice and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position will address tight deadlines and facilitate a multitude of accounting activities to ensure that processes are completed in a timely and accurate manner. In this role you will report directly to the VP of Accounting/Controller in the US. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, pays close attention to details, has excellent relationship skills, time management skills, and is extremely organized. At LTV, we all work closely together across departments and get things done. Come join an amazing team and atmosphere!
What You Will Get to Do
- Coordinate and manage the month-end close process from beginning to end
- Review and consolidate the books for our foreign subsidiary
- Supervise weekly and monthly bank and credit card reconciliations for all accounts
- Oversee and supervise the weekly A/P process and reporting
- Maintain and calculate fixed asset depreciation/amortization monthly schedules
- Enter revenue recognition entries and reconcile deferred revenue accounts
- Manage our invoicing and A/R reconciliations
- Maintain monthly schedules for our prepaid and accrued expense accounts
- Various expense account analysis and reconciliation for budgeting purposes
- Mentor and cross-train team members as needed
- Sales and Use Tax filings and reconciliations
- Assist with yearly audit requirements and requests
- Run the yearly 1099 preparation and execution
- Project-based ad hoc analysis and autonomy to dive into the details
What You Bring to the Table
- 10+ years of accounting experience, CPA or equivalent preferred
- Audit experience
- Incredible attention to detail
- Experience presenting to senior leadership
- Proficiency in Excel
- NetSuite experience preferred
Your Reward for Greatness
- Highly competitive compensation packages
- Great health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance and personal accident insurance fully paid by LTV
- Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance
- Travel Expense Reimbursement for Qualifying Medical Care
- Flexible Savings Account/Health Savings Account
- 401 (k) plan with fully-vested company matching up to 6% - Eligible Day 1!
- Competitive Paid Time Off and Sick Time provided
- Day of Personal Significance
- Early dismissal before a paid company holiday
- Anniversary Appreciation Gifts
- Free ClassPass On-Demand workouts to Monthly ClassPass Subsidy
- Sanvello and Talkspace through United HealthCare’s Behavioral Health Benefits
- Meal delivery twice a week through Seamless/DoorDash
- Tax Preparation Bonus
- Student loan repayment & financial wellness resources via Peanut Butter
- Password Management with 1Password
- Professional development training and opportunities for professional growth - as we grow, you grow!
- If you want to WFH, you are in the right place. We have a remote-friendly culture.
- An innovative, energetic culture with great people to work with!
- Custom technology setup to meet your WFH needs
- Home Office Reimbursement Perk for your perfect work from home setup
- Home Utility Bonus
Why LTV Co.?
If you have ambitions to be a part of a high-growth, results-driven, industry-leading organization, LTV is the place to be. LTV builds exciting data products and then we market them with passion. We’re a fast-growing company in New York City that balances the culture of a startup with the stability of being an established, profitable company. We want to work with people that strive to be in the top .01% of their field. We understand that getting to the top takes hard work, constant improvement, and by making data-driven decisions. It’s a thrilling time to join the team, as we’re expanding our product offerings in exciting new ways, driving innovation through data, marketing, and web & app development.
We believe in diversity and hiring people from all backgrounds and walks of life. You must be energetic, inventive, a team player, and looking to help build and grow the company each and every day. You must have an inner desire to win and the idea of losing is a non-starter. If you are looking for a position that allows you to work with a group of smart and dedicated people who will support you but still provide the autonomy you need to execute your strategy, then you should probably apply as soon as you’re done reading this!
LTV was founded in New York by Josh Levy and Ross Cohen in 2007. At the time their mission was to provide easy and affordable access to public records. Something that in 2007, was only really accessible to corporations. Since then their mission has expanded to developing products and services that grant access to information and data across a number of verticals. In service of this mission, LTV has 7 consumer brands including BeenVerified, NumberGuru, PeopleLooker, NeighborWho, Ownerly, PeopleSmart, and Bumper.
Our mission is to develop a diverse portfolio of technologies, products, and services, that gives all people equal access to unbiased data and information. We believe that through this access people can empower and protect themselves in today’s ever-changing world, filled with fake news, deception, and a lack of transparency.