About the Job
As an Ancestry Data Acquisition Specialist at The Lifetime Value Co., you will be at the forefront of our expansion into the ancestry and genealogy data market. Your role will involve learning and implementing data acquisition strategies, building relationships with potential data providers, and ensuring the accuracy and completeness of acquired ancestral data.
At LTV, we all work closely together across teams so there’s no red tape or bureaucracy. We get things done!
What You Will Get to Do
- Collaborate with the team to identify and initiate discussions with genealogical organizations, archives, and other data sources.
- Support in negotiations for data acquisition agreements.
- Assist in developing and maintaining relationships with data providers to ensure timely and accurate access to ancestry records.
- Work on data acquisition processes to capture, clean, and organize ancestral data efficiently.
- Participate in quality assurance checks on acquired ancestral data to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborate with the team to address discrepancies or errors in acquired data.
- Learn to monitor data quality and participate in improvements as necessary.
Compliance and Documentation:
- Assist in ensuring compliance with legal and ethical requirements related to ancestral data acquisition and privacy.
- Participate in maintaining accurate records of data acquisition activities, agreements, and expenses.
Research and Development:
- Stay informed about genealogical trends and emerging sources of ancestral data.
- Assist in researching and proposing new avenues for acquiring ancestral data to enhance our offerings.
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years of strong, diverse experience in the data and analytics space
- Deep understanding of public data
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think dynamically
- Experience managing relationships with peers, clients, and vendors
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Proven thought leadership in the data and analytics space
- Project management experience; solid attention to detail and operational focus
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Experience with strategic planning
Your Reward for Greatness
- Highly competitive compensation packages
- Great health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance and personal accident insurance fully paid by LTV
- Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance
- Travel Expense Reimbursement for Qualifying Medical Care
- Flexible Savings Account/Health Savings Account
- 401 (k) plan with fully-vested company matching up to 6% - Eligible Day 1!
- Competitive Paid Time Off and Sick Time provided
- Day of Personal Significance
- Early dismissal before a paid company holiday
- Anniversary Appreciation Gifts
- Free ClassPass On-Demand workouts to Monthly ClassPass Subsidy
- Sanvello and Talkspace through United HealthCare’s Behavioral Health Benefits
- Meal delivery twice a week through Seamless/DoorDash
- Tax Preparation Bonus
- Student loan repayment & financial wellness resources via Peanut Butter
- Password Management with 1Password
- Professional development training and opportunities for professional growth - as we grow, you grow!
- If you want to WFH, you are in the right place. We have a remote-friendly culture.
- An innovative, energetic culture with great people to work with!
- Custom technology setup to meet your WFH needs
- Home Office Reimbursement Perk for your perfect work from home setup
- Home Utility Bonus
Why LTV Co.?
If you have ambitions to be a part of a high-growth, results-driven, industry-leading organization, LTV is the place to be. LTV builds exciting data products and then we market them with passion. We’re a fast-growing company in New York City that balances the culture of a startup with the stability of being an established, profitable company. We want to work with people that strive to be in the top .01% of their field. We understand that getting to the top takes hard work, constant improvement, and by making data-driven decisions. It’s a thrilling time to join the team, as we’re expanding our product offerings in exciting new ways, driving innovation through data, marketing, and web & app development.
We believe in diversity and hiring people from all backgrounds and walks of life. You must be energetic, inventive, a team player, and looking to help build and grow the company each and every day. You must have an inner desire to win and the idea of losing is a non-starter. If you are looking for a position that allows you to work with a group of smart and dedicated people who will support you but still provide the autonomy you need to execute your strategy, then you should probably apply as soon as you’re done reading this!
LTV was founded in New York by Josh Levy and Ross Cohen in 2007. At the time their mission was to provide easy and affordable access to public records. Something that in 2007, was only really accessible to corporations. Since then their mission has expanded to developing products and services that grant access to information and data across a number of verticals. In service of this mission, LTV has 7 consumer brands including BeenVerified, NumberGuru, PeopleLooker, NeighborWho, Ownerly, PeopleSmart, and Bumper.
Our mission is to develop a diverse portfolio of technologies, products, and services, that gives all people equal access to unbiased data and information. We believe that through this access people can empower and protect themselves in today’s ever-changing world, filled with fake news, deception, and a lack of transparency.